Thursday, May 25, 2006

Baa, Baa, White Sheep

We went to Shepherd's Choice last Saturday for their sheep shearing. The weather wasn't wonderful, but we had fun anyway. I picked up a bar of soap, a shampoo bar, a bag of navy corridale locks and some beeswax. Now I just need to decide what to do with the wool. I don't have any cards or combs so I am teasing the locks open with a pet comb. It isn't going fast, but the stuff I have done seems like it will be easily spun.

They had a drawing to pick kids to feed the lambs and Andrew won a chance. Unfortunately, we forgot the camera at home, so no fun pictures. I think this event had more of an impact on him then Shepherd's Harvest because he has been singing "Baa, Baa, white sheep, everywhere wool" for the last week. Or, maybe back to back sheepy weekends were just a little too much for him.

We ran into Jess and her family. It was kind of funny because I had been in U of MN marching band with her husband about nine years back so I had the feeling that he looked familiar and since I was wearing my marching band windbreaker he figured it out right away. After talking to them for a few minutes it dawned on me that the Jess was the author of a blog I had just started reading. It seemed kind of funny then since I suddenly knew a little about someone I had just met. Just one more reason to blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find that to be a fun side effect of blogging - the connection to someone before you've ever really met them in real life. I find that it makes me much more at ease with someone, which is great since I tend to be very shy/retiring/introverted/whatever when meeting someone for the first time.

I've met a lot of great people through blogging and I hope you have a similarly positive experience!

 

Free Blog Counter