Sunday, May 06, 2007

More Stuff (and cute pictures of the kids)

Continuing in April...
I went to yarn over with my sil-Jessica. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well so we didn't stay too long (sorry again Jessica). After going home and sleeping for a couple hours I was feeling much better. I mentioned to Tim that I hadn't gotten much of a chance to look, so he suggested we could stop by. It helps that yarnover was only held a few miles from my house, but it still, it was nice. I bought two skeins of grey alpaca from Alpacas of the Ark. The woman selling the yarn was so nice. I didn't have cash or my check book since I usually just have my check card and when I asked if they would take a credit card and she said no, I just figured that I would put the yarn back. I was disappointed, but then she went on to tell me that I could just mail her a check and she would give me one of her cards. I was really surprised and she just told me that she finds she can always trust knitters. While at yarnover in the afternoon I ran into Knittymaa and Knittybaby - the first of a string of encounters with some of the knitters I hung out with at the Yarn Harlot. The next weekend I checked out the Craftstravaganza and saw Mama Grouch and her little one. I didn't stay long though since it was very crowded and I had Tim and the boys with.

Thankfully, Tim had his last photography class just over a week ago and has his last writing class this week. It is so much easier when I know Tim will be home at dinner time. During Tim's last class, Andrew, Nicholas and I went to the Children's Museum since they are open late Friday nights and we finally didn't have swimming lessons at 4pm anymore. Actually, we went again last Friday too (with Tim) since Andrew had so much fun and wanted to show Tim the Raceways exhibit. We use our membership a lot!

We did some work in the yard recently. Tim got some great pictures of the kids outside. Andrew even helped me with some weeding.




He even has his own gloves.


They were actually happy to be outside - you just wouldn't know it




examining some grass


Are you sure there isn't anything in here?


Here's looking at you kid.


Aren't those chubby cheeks so adorable?

You can click on any of the pictures and go to the album, there are a few more pictures there.

Today we made snow cones. I found a Snoopy Snow Cone Maker at a garage sale last Friday. I remembered using mine when I was a kid, so I thought Andrew would like it. We used raspberry juice as flavoring and Andrew thought it was pretty neat.

I need to take some pictures of the scarf and Ted, as well as the baby blanket I have a few more rows left on. Unfortunately, the batteries in the camera are dead and I would rather work on the blanket than replace them.

One more thing before I go. The other day Tim sent me a link to you tube for a clip of cookie monster eating a computer. That started a couple days of watching Sesame Street on youtube. Andrew thought it was pretty fun too. Here are the two watched the most.


Ok, this is the Muppets, but there is a Sesame Street one too if you watch it on youtube.com


This always goes through my head when we happen across words that end in an so it was fun to find this. I don't know if I have just watched too much That 70's Show, but when he says "My name's Stan, I'm the man" I just cracked up.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great pics of Andrew and Nick! No problem about yarnover! Glad you got to go back and buy some great yarn!

 

Free Blog Counter