Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Nice Day

Today has actually been a pretty nice day. Andrew behaved at preschool. He was good all day actually, except for a little craziness when we got home from preschool. I got some cute pictures of Andrew and Nicholas sitting together after I put Andrew's shoes on. Looking at them together makes realize how much Nicholas has grown. It's pretty amazing.
From A Nice Day

We went to the Children's Museum again and had a chance to really play in the new Bob exhibit.
From A Nice Day

From A Nice Day

We played in My World and the nature exhibit too.
From A Nice Day

From A Nice Day

(Yes, we get a lot of use out of our membership)
Then we ate dinner, watched an episode of Backyardigans and Andrew took a bath and calmly went to bed. Nick on the other hand has been to bed three times already tonight, but you can't win them all.

I thought I would post a "finished" picture of my pirate mittens, even though I still have a few ends to weave in.
From A Nice Day

They look finished anyway. They are from this pattern. I omitted the year, but otherwise followed the pattern. They were knit with wool-ease on size 4 Brittney Birch dpns. They fit my long skinny hands, but probably will be too small for a guy. They knit up pretty quick since I started them Tuesday evening last week and other than stalling with the end weaving were finished Monday. This really is quick since I really only knit at night after both kids are asleep lately and that doesn't give me much time.

This is the soaker I started last night.
From A Nice Day

I am done with the ribbing and working some short rows on the back now. The colors decided to stack when I started the stockinette stitch. The distance around the soaker must be about one color repeat. It doesn't look bad to me though and the short rows will change things up a little.

1 comment:

Knittymama said...

Kickin' mittens!

I'm glad to hear Bob was good. We need to head over there soon.

 

Free Blog Counter