Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hard to keep from casting on

I am really trying to finish up some projects before I start knitting anything new. I have a number of things I would like to make and I am tired of sewing things together and weaving in ends. But, I have two completely finished baby sweaters drying now. One has matching pants and the other has a matching hat and booties. I am pretty much down to my sweater and Andrew's sweater to finish. I have to admit that I have been working on some newborn crawling booties using leftover yarn. I needed a size gauge for the booties that match the sweater and figured I could make the second so I have a matching set since they go really quickly and only have two ends to weave in. I also have six newborn diapers about half sewn together. I will have pictures of all finished projects tomorrow after I take Andrew to the State Fair again. We all went on Sunday and had a good time, although I think I sat more and saw less than I ever have. I guess being a month away from my due date might have something to do with that. The highlight of the trip for me was seeing my knitting on display. We skipped the barns and the kids farm on Sunday, with plans to see them tomorrow when there might not be so many families. Plus, Tim is allergic to most of the animals so we never look at the barns much, so going without him will give Andrew a chance to see more animals. Andrew's favorite part Sunday had to be seeing the construction and farm equipment. We could have stayed there all day if he had a choice. He also liked the parade, but thought the U of MN tubas were a little much.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter