Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Glad to be Safe

The 35W bridge collapsed today. We are safe at home and hadn't heard anything until family started calling to see if we were ok. Tim drives between St. Paul and Minnetonka everyday to work. He sometimes takes 35W, but has been avoiding it because of the construction and resulting traffic. It is amazing that this could have happened and hard to imagine what will happen with traffic/reconstruction/etc., since this is such a major road. I have read many knit bloggers checking in already and am glad to hear so many safe.

3 comments:

Holly Jo said...

Glad everyone is safe. :)
The pictures are unbelievable.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're all safe! I've heard so many people say they chose a different route yesterday - that's pretty freaky.

Dreaming again said...

I AM SO glad you are safe!!

Please give Tim a hug of relief from me. I've been praying for everyone since I've heard and really praying that if someone in the family had been hurt, I'd have heard. It's good to read your post!

 

Free Blog Counter