Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Funny Nick Tricks

Nicholas has been doing two funny things these last couple days. The first is that he scrunches up his nose and breathes in and out making noise. He has been doing this for about a week. He mostly does it when he is excited and he thinks it is pretty funny when we copy him. Today he started sticking his tongue out and feeling his lips and tonight was feeling his teeth too. Almost every time I looked at him this evening he had his tongue out. He must have just realized he could feel things with it. I will try to take pictures tomorrow.

I am almost finished with Nick's blanket, the Estonian Lullaby blanket. It is completely knit and 6 out of 10 ends woven in. Why didn't I finish the last 4? I dropped my needle and couldn't find it anywhere. And, of course, I didn't seem to have any more. I stopped at Michaels and fixed that problem. I did start something else instead of finishing the blanket - the best in show socks from Socks, Socks, Socks. I have cast on four times now. Maybe this will be the last. It's not a big deal though. I would rather keep starting them until I like them then just knit on regardless, mostly because they have two or three colors in each row and are going to be a lot of work. I also started charting out a design for Andrew's sweater. So, the plan tonight is; weave in last four ends on the blanket, sew last seam (sewing in legs) on the duck, look through the Friend's School Plant Sale book, and maybe work on the socks. My plan tomorrow is to take a bunch of pictures of the yard and gardens and compare them to a couple years back as well as take pictures of some FOs.

And just for fun, here are pictures of three out of the four pairs of pants I knit for Andrew pre-blog


Little Turtle Knits - Longies (scroll down about halfway) - size Medium
Brown Sheep Naturespun Worsted
Andrew is almost 6 months in this picture.


Fern and Faerie ( I think this is the pattern - I did the elastic waistband and these were knit to test the pattern)
Cascade 220
Andrew is 8 months in this picture.



My own pattern
Paton's Classic Merino in Denim Marl
Andrew is just a few days away from being two in this picture.
 

Free Blog Counter